Code Readings

I have a 1997 with a 4.0 engine. The code reading #2 & #5 cylinder misfire. What do I need to do from this point? Thanks Stan

Reply to
Stan

It could be anything related to the ignition system: coil, plugs, wires. If the plugs and wires are original, now would be a good time to replace them. It could be the coil also. The coil pack consists of

3 seperate coils which is shared by 2 cylinders, cyl 1&5, 2&6, and 3&4. So while your problem is not caused by a common coil (cyl2 and cyl5 do not use the same coil), it is still possible the coil is defective. You can try testing it with an ohmeter using this test procedure.
Just an FYI, when you get to the part where you check resistance between each coil, and it says the norm is between 6,500-11,500 ohms, a normal reading will actually be about 13,200 ohms. This was discussed many times in this forum from people who tested a known good coil.
Reply to
Mikepier