Door Latch Actuator Rod

I am replacing the door handle on my 96 Explorer and have drilled rivots as discussed in forum. The bottom of the actuator rod is attached to latch with yellow threaded connector which is very difficult to see how it is connected to latch (have used mirror but glass track etc in the way!). It looks like the yellow plastic connector would open somehow, but I can't seem to open it enough to slide the rod out (and am trying hard not to break it from latch since not sure exactly how it is connected to latch). Does anyone know how to go about disconnecting the threaded rod from this latch connector so the handle can be pulled from the outside of door? Thank you for any help on this!

Reply to
Hokie81