Enable Daytime Running Lights on 2007 Explorer (US)

Does anyone know how to do this? I think it may be a programming change after talking to my old mechanic who is very knowledgeable, and also the parts department at the Ford dealer could find no part for the DRL module. If anyone has had this done, please let me know how you got this accomplished. I want it done the way they do the factory ones in Canada or the fleet vehicles in the US. I do not want to attempt to rig something up. Too dangerous with today's computer logic.

Thanks

Reply to
Bluto

What year vehicle is this? Some already have the harness installed you just install the module. Later years '98 and later? don't even have the harness installed

See some info here:

Fred 2

From what I have heard, the 2007 may be a computer setup only. I would like to confirm this before I go back to my dealer and see if they can find out anything else.

What astounds me is why it should be so damned difficult to get this feature enebled, when they sell it as a fleet option in this country and as standard in Canada. It is a $45 MSRP option according to Consumer Reports.

You would think they would be more than happy to take a quick $45 more bucks from you when you buy a new car.

Reply to
Bluto

Got it. I got the dealer to check into it and it is a matter of hooking the computer up to the car computer and setting the menu item on. That's all there is to it. The MSRP for the option is $50.

I hope for anyone looking for the answer to this that this helps.

Bluto

Reply to
Bluto