Ford "Gold" Security Package

Regarding the one that was available in Late 2001 (mine was installed in November of 2001).

I understand now there is a newer version of the one I have, which includes the ability to use the OEM Key Fobs to access the system. Mine, does not.

I have come across a problem, which just surfaced either today or within the last 7 days.

I press the Unlock once to open my driver's side door, and twice to open all doors. The "open all doors" does not open all doors. It makes the loud chirp like it did comply with the order, but the doors did not unlock, only the driver's side door.

Yet, the unlock/lock switches inside the vehicle still function.

I don't know what to check, or if there's a reset switch somewhere.... (anyone have any thoughts?)

But my real question is what kind of warranty does it have? Am I looking at

1yr? 2yr? or until the factory warranty runs out? And also, it was installed by the same dealership I bought the vehicle from (02 XLS 4x4).

Thanks for any info you may have :)

Tim

Reply to
Tim

The dealer who installed it didn't even know.....

They had to call Ford to check on it. Luckily, it's covered under your bumper-to-bumper warranty, so it runs out at 36,000 miles or 3 years. Wonder what the warranty would be if it were to be installed AFTER that time............

Reply to
Tim