Heaver Control Valve Vacuum Hose -95 Ford Explorer

Hello Folks! It has been a while since I have posted on the board. I still have my 95 Explorer with 227,000 miles.

Not sure if any of the same people are on from years back.

My problem related to the heater control valve where the 4 heater hoses intersect. The spark plug like wire which is a vacuum line I believe conecting to the top of the HCV has broke off. Does anyone know where I can find a diagram of where this hose conected to? I know it conects to the top of the HCV but where does the other end conect to? Also is this a part I will have to go to the dealer for?

Hope everyone is doing well -

Thanks, Erik in Arizona

Reply to
erikua

I'm just guessing but I believe the other end connects to the inside of the vehicle. There should be a loose end from when it broke off sticking out somewhere. The original explorers did not have this valve but Ford put out a TSB about adding them and they said to connect them, using a "T", in the vacuum line that went to the RECIRC door by the passenger foot well and to run a vacuum line from the T thru the firewall and hook it to the valve.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher