help please

hi, i'm a french owner of a ford explorer (1998) and yesterday i have a picture who was in red on the panel bord. it seems an exhaust tube, but on the book there is no this picture, nowhere. Who can help me ? And I have another question. When i put on the engine, it can't run well, ans it stops. engine run about 200 /mn and suddenly goes to 1800/mn and get down again and go up again.... as the engine is not in its normal temperature, the engine doesn't turn well. Who have an idea ? thank you very much for your help, and if somebody speeks french, may be it will be easier for me, except if you undrstand all my english Claude

Reply to
Cindory

I ve just forgotten, air filter and plugs are new. We changed them last sunay. thank you claude

Reply to
Cindory

Did it look like this (!)

Its the brake system warning light, low on fluid ????? Bad level sensor ???

If not (!) , need more info

Reply to
johanb

I have no idea what you're asking here.

Have you checked the thermostat?

Perhaps you should write your questions in both French and English. Then if someone knows French, but can't understand your English translation, they can read your French instead. I'm not sure that _my_ French is any better than your English, but someone here is likely to be fluent in both languages.

Reply to
Ratbert

OK, i'll try to explain better what the picture seems you can see it on this link

is a red picture/light and on the owner book there is no picture like this. It is placed just on the top au the fuel jauge, on the left of the engine temperature, just at the end left on the panel board. that could be help you ??? about the motor which turns quiclky and slowly and turn out if i don't touch gas pedal, i don't really understand why thermostat can do .... With my husband, we were wondering (??) if there is a starter sytem or an electronic regulator (a swirch or a solenoid) which can be out of service .... may be it is that, we don't know where they are placed on the engine, and how to be sure that one of them is out of service ... some help more ????? thank you very much

in french now : Sur le tableau de bord d'un explorer V6 de 1998, au dessus de la jauge d'essence, il y a un voyant qui s'est allumé en rouge. il est visible sur ce lien

je ne le trouve pas sur le livre du véhicule, qui peut m'aider?d'autre part, lorsque le moteur est froid et qu'on met en route, le moteur ne tourne pas à un régime régulier et tourne même si doucement qu'il cale.Même moteur chaud, on a ce phénomène de régime très irrégulier au ralenti, qui sait ce que ce pourrait être .d'avance merci de votre aide.Claude

Reply to
Cindory

The English word is for the place with all the gauges is "dashboard." That makes a lot more sense now. It looks like a "high temperature" warning light. Mine doesn't have that particular light, so you'll have to wait for someone who has a '98.

If the engine runs differently when the engine is hot than when cold, and your warning light is a high temperature light, that points to a problem with the cooling system.

Reply to
Ratbert

Did your problem start immediately after you changed the filter and plugs? If so, maybe you attached the wires to the wrong plugs.

Reply to
Ratbert