master keypad code

is there a way to reset the master keypad code my exfather in law has original code and is making my mother in laws life hard, was told by dealer that "door had to be removed and reworked to reset code" owners manual only lets you add a personal code, does this seem right? we don't want my exfather-in-law to be able to get in the vehicle.

Reply to
bdrummonds

Then just disconnect it and use the key to open the door or the alarm system/keyless entry if it has that.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Depends on how old the Explorer is. Here is a procedure to change the factory code on some older Fords:

Ed Mann