405 keypad immobiliser fault

405 keypad immobiliser repair - It will not accept the correct code vi

the keypad, I have had my N reg 405 for some time now, with no major problem?s just the usual upkeep. The only qwerk that my car has, is the fact tha if it is left stood for a while, the battery will go flat but this is n hardship, if we are going away I just unplug the battery. That was u until now! Following an extended trip abroad I came back to find that I had lef the battery connected ? consequently it was flat. Cursed a bit at ho forgetful I had been but it was only a battery ? or so I thought. Swapped the battery; all set to go; rattled my PIN in and ?..The re lamp illuminated. The first 20 or so times I thought it was me making mistake but no, it will not accept the PIN. To make sure that it is no due to human error I have spent the past 4 weeks or so typing th correct PIN and various permutations of the PIN , but have had no joy I get 3 attempts every 30 mins. However im Utley fed up. Contacted loca Peugeot dealer who advised that they would charge £36 just to look at i and that it would most probably require a replacement keypat an management system ?my jaw hit the ground! ? in true Peugeot deale money making style. If anybody could offer me DIY repair tips, or recommend a cheaper aut electrician I would be grateful

-- just marrie

----------------------------------------------------------------------- just married's Profile:

this thread:

just married

"just married" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

See my reply to the thread 106 immobileser code, it's possible that it has reset to the default code once the battery went flat.. Also on my Xantia you can pull fuse 2 and this kills both the immobileser and the speedo, or possibly lever up the keypad and unplug it although I'm told that only works once the car is running.

Reply to
Malc

Try these:

0000 1111 4444 1234

I remember our old xantia's default code being one of those...

Reply to
greg dyke

LSUK will default to factory code for a small fee (well small compared to peugeot dealer) If the keypad is faulty they can bypass. Don't know if any other organisation will attempt this, but the software is available

LSUK will also let you know what the default code is!

Post to the group whatever method you adopt - useful to others to know

Reply to
sid

Once you have it running, then simply disconnect the keypad. As long as the engine is running when you do this, then it bypasses the system completely - you won't need to input the code in the future.

Obviously you have to get it going first :)

Reply to
Nom