o rings

My 97 sohc explorer has the check engine light on, poor gas mileage recently and hard starting in cold weather. The auto guy said the computer points to the o rings as the problem....Do that make sense? Thanks

Reply to
Tom

No. Are you sure he didn't say o2 sensor?

Reply to
Fred W.

It does if he is referring to the lower intake manifold o-rings. They are a common failure on the '98-'01 SOHC Explorers. I would be surprised though if your "auto guy" knew that unless he is truly an "auto guy" or works on a lot of SOHC Explorers.

Reply to
Alpine