OT - 2005 Mercury Mariner

I know it's an Escape, but I like it. It has a kind of son-of-Mountaineer look to it.

My sister's first-year Escape now has something like 50,000 tough kid-carting miles, and it's been trouble-free.

Reply to
JonnyCab®

Yeah, like Aviator was "son-of-Navigator". Now cancelled!

Reply to
B. Newman

From what I heard, the announcement was that the current Aviator will be available until 2006, not that it was cancelled. And 2006 is the year the Explorer gets a complete redesign.

And since the Tribute seems to be selling VERY well (I've seen a lot of them lately), I'll bet the Mariner will do the same.

Reply to
JonnyCab®

Using that logic, since Explorer sales are always at the "top SUV in America" list, then why is the Aviator selling so poorly?

The answer, by the way, has everything to do with price.

Reply to
B. Newman

Partially because they don't ADVERTISE it, other than to mention that it's part of LM's clearance sales, but mainly because it's overpriced.

You beat me to it.

Reply to
JonnyCab®