OT.... "Honey Pot"

While I use the SuperCrew instead of the Ex to tow the travel traileer, I see enough requests for towing advice on the NG..... Since I'm always ready to offer advice (sometimes only after I stick my tongue in my cheek) I had an experience that would make the average camper quiver......

It's a long weekend here in the GWN, and we had friends up, naturally, sharing the "facilities". On the way out of the campground, I stopped at the sani-dump. After emptying the "honey pot", the valve wouldn't close....... AAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! OK., I forced it as closed as I could and proceeded to fill the black water tank.... well, as good as I could. I finally cleared the problem though I'm not happy at using my potable water hose at a sani-dump.....

Oh, the advice???? When I empty the honey pot, I use latex medical gloves....... they are cheap and come in a box of a gazillion - available at most medical and first aid supply stores (Grainger would be one). Done properly, you can peel them off without touching the outside of the glove and drop them in a plastic garbage bag for later disposal...... just remember not to lick your fingers before you take the gloves off.....

Jim Warman

barrythedude