Overdrive and 4wd lights keep flashing

What could my problem be if my overdrive and 4wd lights flash, but OD, and

4wd still function when i switch them on?
Reply to
thedxsaint

It would help to know what your driving, I am assuming a Ford Explorer but what year? Most likely the problem is the sensor near the output shaft of the tranny. Mine recently went and I had the flashing lights. Cost was about

15 bucks and it took all of 15 min. Of course I have a lift . It may take longer under the vehicle on the ground.

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher1

it's a 2000 explorer v6 4.0, SOHC

Reply to
thedxsaint

SHould be about the same as mine mine is a 97 XLT 4.0

THere are two different sensors I ended up buying both of them because we were not sure which one was right. I took the wrong one back

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher1