Parting out 1992 Ford Explorer

I am parting out a 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4. I have many good parts. The interior is very clean. The body is in very good condition. Parts from this will fit the 91-94 model year explorers, and some parts will also fit the rangers from the same years.

I live in Omaha, NE, so there will be some shipping involved if you don't live locally.

Reply to
Tim Schoell

I have to think about it a little more - but right off the bat I'm looking for several things:

1 - The center inserts for the aluminum wheels, if you have those they're in very good shape. A couple of mine are scuffed up. Some extras would be good anyway in case I lose one. They are impossible to find. Even the replacement rims don't come with them. 2 - Rear subwoofer speaker for JBL system. Most of these have rotted out by now. But who knows. 3 - A strip of the mocha body tape, if you have mocha interior. I scratched a section of mine and was thinking maybe it would come off easily and a new section reattached. It could be any or all section, but it's the left side hatch section that is damaged on mine. 4 - One or both of the little screws that hold the plastic cover in place on the top of the engine. I dropped one once and can't find it. I like to reinstall the original, as silly as that sounds. Obviously, not worth sending that by itself :O) That may be available in a parts stores, though. 5 - Leather zipper pouch that the vehicle manual came in (I left mine on top of a Dumpster while using the manual and the garbage truck came!) 6 - Maybe one of the 5-spoke aluminum rims. I could mount the spare on it. But it might be too difficult to ship, and might now be worth it if it's beat up.

I'll think about it some more.

Thanks.

Regards,, Anthony Giorgianni

For every> I am parting out a 1992 Ford Explorer 4x4. I have many good parts. The

Reply to
TonyG

I already sold the rims with the center caps. My interior is red. I'll have to double check to see if mine has the JBL audio and get back to you. I'll also look to see if I have the manual pouch.

Tim

T> I have to think about it a little more - but right off the bat I'm

Reply to
Tim Schoell

Ummmmmm this might sound a little...... a little ....... let's say "odd".....

If am going to make an offer to purchase or ... the last thing I am going to say is "this is impossible to find". Are you nucking futs? I can't find these... please overcharge me if you can find them.....

Pardon me.... I'm having a lucid moment.

[...]

Jim Warman

Thanks Tim

I actually did find the center caps new online (don't know if $35 each it's worth it for a vehicle that old.)

Regards,, Anthony Giorgianni

For every> I already sold the rims with the center caps. =A0My interior is red. =A0I= 'll

Reply to
TonyG

No, Jim, because I'm not in any desperate need for them and have an ida how much I'd pay. I did find them though new since I posted. My be better to see if there's any way shine them up though. It's just that they're scuffed. One got a little dent when it came back from the dealership. This dealer doesnt seem to care about anything.

Regards,, Anthony Giorgianni

For every> Ummmmmm this might sound a little...... a little ....... let's say > "odd".....

TonyG