R&R Auto Transmission on '96 Explorer?

I picked-up a '96 Explorer in real nice shape, execept for a bad trans, for very short money. Anybody here removed and replaced the trans in this truck? I've done lots of others, including a couple Rangers. Just looking for any tips before I get into it. I know it's a nasty job, but oddly enough, I kinda enjoy it.

Thanks

Reply to
Jim

It's not really any worse a job than most autos in RWD vehicles.. The biggest challenge for me is always getting those @#$% 2 bolts on the TOP of the bellhousing! but a combination of a few Loooonnng extensions, and some u joints, and a lot of swearing usually does the trick!

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

It really wasn't too bad. The toughest parts were the three snapped exhaust manifold bolts and the trans diptick tube (of all things). Without a torch and airtools it would have been much worse.

Reply to
Jim