Check engine light comes on and off.

I have a 93 2 door with a manual transmission. My check engine light comes on and goes off, but never stays on consistantly. One shop said the code didn't register in memory, another shop said it was a 322 code that is non specific.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
John

The CE light on my Sport is also turning off and on, seemingly at random. I recently had my mechanic give it a tune up, replaced the air filter and the PC valve, but the light is still coming on. Also, I have noticed what seems to be an occasional slight hesitation when I punch the accelerator. I'm not absolutely positive that this is actually new though, it may be that has always been there and I'm just noticing it now that I'm looking for something. Mine has about 140K miles.

Reply to
DJD

I could not find code 322 in the EEC-IV Trouble Code tables. I found a 332 (EGR Insuf flow). I'm not sure if 322 is valid. Check the codes yourself using a paperclip. The instructions to do this were just posted a week or so ago.

Tom

Reply to
Tom