Re: Transmission in reverse problem

A couple of times now, after running my Explorer for a few hours I have had a problem backing up my sloping driveway.

A while back it would "stutter" and "jerk" backing uphill. Recently I had to gun the engine for it to go backwards uphill.

The rest of the time it behaves normally.

The transmission had routine service at 90k recently.

Any suggestions as to the problem?

Thanks

Frank snipped-for-privacy@stanford.edu

Reply to