Rear deck handle on 96 expl

Rear deck handle is getting very hard to turn. Any recommendations on what to use to lubricate it so I don't break a thumb or finger opening it?
Thanks, Rick
I used lithium grease when my metal window slide (right rear passenger) started squeaking pretty bad, just put the grease in the track and that was all she wrote.
I would try the same on the linkage if you can get at it, otherwise try a spray lubricant that does not harm rubber bushings/rings, perhaps silicone spray.
r/ -IanCT