rotors

I have a 2002 ford explorer eb- I am having my brakes done and they are telling me my rotors are completed rusted. anybody else???

Reply to
rtbn

Assuming you have been driving the vehicle it's unlikely the surface that is used for braking is rusted. Any rust gets rubbed off when you brake. My guess is they are trying to screw you. Brake jobs are often an easy source of revenue because they can sell you on FEAR of bad brakes if you don't let them replace/repair every imaginary flaw.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

If they are trying to remove the rotors to resurface them, it is entirely possible. A proper brake job includes either resurfacing the rotors or replacing them with new ones. It is completely common for these things to be difficult to remove due to environmental rusting.

If you want a proper brake job either find a mechanic that has an on-the-vehicle resurfacing machine or purchase new rotors. Personally I would rather spend my money on a new set of rotors...

Good luck,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf