Slight Transmission Delay 00 4X4

My auto transmission has a slight (1-2 second) delay going into drive or reverse. It is always there, hot or cold, and there doesn't seem to be any other transmission problems. It's been there since I bought the car in 2002 and hasn't gotten worse. Is this normal? My '68 mustang engages quicker than this, as has every other car I've ever owned. Thanks,

Reply to
optimum