Thumps and mufflers???

Hello everyone, I have a 97 4wd SOHC w/77k. I am experiencing a loud clunk sound from the passenger front end. It usually occurs over curbs, speed bumps, as well as when I perform U-turns. What might cause this occurrence?, shocks?, bearings?... Also is it possible to install an aftermarket muffler and larger exhaust tip on a SOHC V6, in the effort to make it sound more beefy? Any help is greatly appreciated..... Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe G.