Tire Rotation

I am currently driving an '03 Mountaineer. I love the truck, as per my other posts here. Question: Do all of you rotate tires? Mine have the original Goodrichs. I have always rotated tires at 5000 mile intervals on all my vehicles. I also get frequent alignments, as I live in Pittsburgh and between the hills, the winter potholes, the bad roads in general and perhaps my sometimes careless driving, it's just what you have to do around here.

Interestingly enough, in reviewing my maintenance records for various cars over the years, it's just not clear to me that rotating the tires means anything, if much. And if it does mean something, perhaps a 10,000 rotation interval would be more cost effective. I cannot do the rotation myself, so I usually end up paying about 20 bucks...sometimes more if I get ripped off and am not careful. Not a big deal, really, but am just wondering what you guys think.

Reply to
B.D. Newman

I can't do it myself due to physical issues.

Reply to
B.D. Newman

That's exactly what I do---every other oil change.

I change the oil every 3 months, usually less than 3,000 miles.

Reply to
JonnyCab®