while I have my transmission out....

I recently removed the manual transmission from my 93 explorer to have it rebuilt and was wondering if there was anything else I should check/replace while I have it out. I went ahead and bought a new clutch kit, and I noticed the rear main seal leaking, so I will replace that also, but is there anything else that I should inspect while the tranny is out?

Thanks for any suggestions, Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Walker

I'd definitely recommend replacing the clutch slave cylinder.

Better now than having to yank the transmission again in the near future.

Should be only about $60 to $70 for the part.

Reply to
Tommy Wood

Oil pan gasket.. mine leaks and it's a pain. If it's leaking, you might be able to get the pan out by raising the engine, factory manual says take the engine out. Gasket is cheap. If you can't get the pan out, there is enough room to RTV in place.

Reply to
rakster

I don't know if your engine has them, but, if you have any block freeze plugs back there, you might want to check them or change them.

Reply to
gordo