Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Air Conditioner pressure settings
Hi folk, My 1998 5.0 V-8 AWD is in need of more freon. Could someone please tell me the hi & lo pressure values. Or, where to find the information. Thanks, Steve
5
5

2000 Explorer XLT 4.0 L Irregular idle
Upon start up my 2000 Explorer revs up and down until it stalls. This only happens when the engine is cold and the outside air temp is below 60 degrees. In warm weather it runs fine. I've replaced the...
1
1

Load Leveling
When I hitch up my boat to my '99 Explorer the rear end drops 1-1/2" under the load of the 320# tongue weight. Is that enough to worry about and, if so, what options do I have for load leveling? Are...
4
4

Brake Shimmy
I recently had the rotors and calipers ( by different shops ) replaced on my 2001 Econoline XL ( 5.4 L ). I was getting a slight 'pulsation' as I came to a stop. I was told the rotors were 'warped'...
3
3

Explorer 94, what is this and why is it making a clicking sound?
Hi and thanx to all who respond. have a 1994 Explorer that has started acting up. When I turn the key to the on position, this cylinder clicks repeatedly 5 to 10 times in a second or two and then it...
4
4

Drivers side door unlock relay - 98 XLT
Hey guys, sorry I been away so long but my Exploder has been darn reliable of late. But the door situation is getting worse. First the drivers side, in-door unlock switch function stopped..... it...
2
2

98 high idle
Within the last 2 days my idle is over a 1000 and I can really feel while traveling around 30MPH. Inside the engine compartment it says there is no idle adjustment and everything is computer...
2
2

1999 ford Explorer, does not start?
302 auto, new f/f and tune up. ran great. went to work, parked the truck, came out to go home and it turns over great but will not start?
4
4

How Hard To Remove Auto Trans on '92?
My automatic transmission is gushing fluid on my '92 EB. I have disconnected the driveshaft and removed the transfer case. I called about renting a transmission jack but it's going to be difficult and...
2
2

Enable Daytime Running Lights on 2007 Explorer (US)
Does anyone know how to do this? I think it may be a programming change after talking to my old mechanic who is very knowledgeable, and also the parts department at the Ford dealer could find no part...
3
3

2001 Ford Explorer EGR excessive flow
I have a 2001 Ford Explorer 4.0 w/ 78K CEL came on a couple of months ago. I had Autozone check the code which indicated EGR excessive flow. Any suggestion as to the cause?
1
1

How to adjust rear door opening height?
Hi all, I have a 2000 xlt. When I'm parked in my garage and open the rear door it hits the top of my garage entry (resulting in paint scratches). I was hoping someone here could either point me...
5
5

Lose black cable coming from front differential
I have a black cable that came loose which is attached to the front differential. It looks like a cable you would attach your cable Television to. Anyways, the end that is loose has a white plastic...
3
3

97 Explorer XLT dome lights?
Hi I'm trying to figure out how to keep the interior dome lights off (all three of them) when i want to leave the tail gate up. I do a lot of surf fishing with my explorer and the tail door gets...
5
5

Sensa-Trac or Reflex shocks
I have a 97 Explorer that going to need new shocks. Anybody have any experience with the Monroe Reflex? I currently have about 50k on the installed set of Sensa-Trac but was wondering about the ride...
5
5