Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

brake lights not working
The brake light at the top of my rear window is working, but the ones on the body are not! Already got pulled over for it. Looked for a fuse problem but not sure where else to look. Any help would be...
2
2

My E85 Experience
My '04 Explorer is a flexible fuel vehicle, meaning it can run on E85. I've been waiting for years for a gas station to stock E85 so I can try it. Well, I finally found a station near where I work...
4
4

1999 Explorer clacking sound
Hi folks, I have a 1999 Explorere with 118,000km on it. 4.0L engine. Lately have been noticing a bit of clacking when under load such as entering an uphill grade when on cruise. Sounds almost like...
7
7

1992 EB Ford Explorer Head Unit Installation Problems
Trying to install an aftermarket HU into this beastly vehicle and having the toughest time. Got it out relatively alright but i bought a wiring adapter labeled for 91-97 explorers and it fits on to...
2
2

91 Ford Explorer Transmission Problem
hello all. I have a 1991 ford explorer and my shift points seen to be off. my truck usually shifts at about 3000 rpm's now its shifts at about 4000 - 4300 rpm's. no chip or anything done to truck....

97 Explorer Timing Chain and Tensioners problems
Hi I have a 97 Ford Explorer 4.0 SOHC that has like a diesel sound engine, so I took it to the shop and the said that I have to replace the Timing belt, tensioners and tensioners guide and this will...
2
2

air bag light flashes
can anyone tell me what code 37 means
2
2

Radius Arm Bushings---Need Advice
I recently changed the bushings on my '93 explorer with Dealer parts and now the clunking when I brake is worse than ever. I'm wondering if I could have put the nylon spacers on the wrong way around....
1
1

03 Expl. Sport leaking coolant
I have a 2003 Explorer Sport 4.1, with 103,000, and it has begun leaking coolant from the rear of the engine compartment. I am not a mechanic, but would like to know if anyone knows what I need to be...
2
2

Long shot question
I'm looking at a trailer hitch that came off a 1996 Ford Ranger to fit my 1993 Ford Explorer. Any chance that it'll fit? I know it's the same chasis (is it?) but for different model years? Hitch is a...
3
3

i need a new drivers seat for my explorer 1993 model
anybody know where i can find one to buy online for a good price ? i plan to hunt some junkyards this weekend also but just shopping around, my current seat has totally collapsed, quite hard to drive...
1
1

Front Drivetrain Noise
So, I went out and bought some mudder tires and of course the "Free Replacement Warranties". I had to collect on one due to an improper placed nail. They put a new tire on the right front and said I'd...
1
1

Timing Chain Tensioner
My son is looking at a 1998 Explorer which has the 4.0L OHV V6 engine (not the SOHC). It looks and runs great except for one thing. When the engine starts there is a squeal that lasts about a second....
6
6

98 Explorer has Central Locking or not
I recently purchased a 98 Ford Explorer XLT here in melbourne australia. Since I am new to this vehicle, I want to know what it comes with as standard and what else I can add on. When I bought the...

All electric locks make a noise
My 2001 explorer has a power lock problem. when I use the remote or the door switch. All the door locks,even the tailgate go through the same type of noise. It sounds like the solenoid on all 4 doors...
2
2