01 Taurus, cruise control is not working

My 01 Taurus has a non-functional cruise control. Basically, I press "on" then 'set" button, the "cruise" light is not on and it's simply not working because when I release the gas pedal the speed decreases.

But my breake light is OK, the only light problem is the tail turn light, I've always had a blown bulb from time to time (3 light bulbs change in less than 3 months). It happened during my drive, I could notice the arrow sign inside the car was ticking faster, but normally this would go back to normal under some unknown circumstances. Then the malfunction and normal state will go back and forth till the bulb is finally dead. My mechanic could not tell the problem, saying the resistance is normal, and no water in the assembly.

Please tell me if these two problems are related and how to fix it.

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
Procter