1989 Tempo alignment specs

Hello

Can anyone tell me what the alignment specs are (toe, caster, camber, cross camber) for a 1989 Ford Tempo, FWD, 2.3?

Thanks in advance. I don't trust this shop, and want to be armed with this info before I go in.

-- Wound Up

Reply to
Wound Up

Take it someplace else then?

Reply to
Scott

If you insist on dealing with a shop that, for whatever reason, you don't trust, you will be doing both yourself and the shop a dis-service...

From the factory, the only provisions for adjustments are for front and rear toe. If front caster/camber or rear camber is out of spec, some adjustment can be gained trough the use of aftermarket kits. My experience shows that these kits are neither cheap to purchase nor cheap to install.... but if I see readings that may cause driveability issues or tire wear concerns, there isn't much choice in the matter. I will not put myself into a position where the customer can blame his worn tires on me.

As for the specs themselves.... it would be a little time consuming for my to type them out (not to mention the opportunity for a typo) and my conditiones of employment prohibit me from doing a cut and paste.... Your local library will often have service manuals that you can copy or any alignment shopthat you can bring yourself to trust will either have the specs programmed into their alignment rack or have one of the aftermarket specs listings tha some fornt end part manufacturers have available.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman

On second thought....you need to remember that there's some that visit both places....

"Wound Up" wrote in news:1137425810.223170.52220 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Take your foot outta yer mouth, young'un.... t'ain't healthy...

Reply to
Jim Warman

"Wound Up" wrote

Everything 84-94 BIG pic (310kb)

MasterBlaster

Mr. Warman, I call 'em like I see 'em. I've seen shameful posts and even more shameful replies in this group. "I have this noise"... "yeah, me too, I've learned to ignore it". That is just one sad-ass example. How cool is my riced-out Focus is another.

I know you aren't all that fond of me, and so be it. I hate disingenousness more than anything. I'm not the lunatic I once was; even WF appears begrudgingly able to accept my presence in threads. Just ease up a bit, before you get all excited. I find that deep breathing helps me tremendously. And to hell with the trolls. Cprice and Rich are fools.

-- Wound Up TS #65

Wound Up

Many thanks! Saved and printed.

-- Wound Up TS #65