1990 Ford Taurus

3.6 liter V-8 engine. Won't start, new battery, new solenoid, new alternator. Don't even get a click when turning the key. Head lights, dome light etc. won't come on. Noticed that the digital clock on dash works when door is closed but goes off when I open the door. An electrical problem I'm supposing but would like more info so I don't go into the local mechanic as an easy mark. Any information would be greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.
Reply to
asswideshut

Please choose a less offensive moniker if you want us to help.

Reply to
Happy Traveler

sorry cant help but wherent the only 2 options in 90 the 3.0 and 3.8 SHO

Reply to
Max Power

oh I thought of something that could help, my wife crashed her 90 taurus once, the firemen cut her ground cable. I put the car back together and had the same symptoms and after staring at it for a while I found there was an extra wire that came off the ground, I brown one I believe. It went to the fender or something, hooked that back up and it ran like a champ.

Reply to
Max Power

asswideshut. That's funny.

Reply to
GMach3

YOu either got power or you don't. get a volt meter and turn the lights on. Start at the battery and see where the power stops. I assume you had CLEAN battery cables and your battery is charged. MY bet is a bad ground at the starter where the master ground wire goes to the engine block. If the lights won't come on, its just a matter of following where the power stops. Just turn the headlight switch on and trace where the 12 volts stops.

Bob

Reply to
BOB Urz

Who is "us"? Got a turd in your back pocket asshole?

Reply to
asswideshut

Act like an asshole and people will treat you as such. Take your car to the shop and then tell 'em you already have a good idea what's wrong and what it should cost to repair it. Then give 'em a good earful about how crooked you think they are. Also mention the fact that you will not be an easy mark.

And don't forget to give them a list of problems you know it "isn't" because of the new parts you've already thrown at it.

Reply to
Bob