1993 Ford Taurus 3.8L Oil pressure problem

Yesterday my oil pressure idiot light came on. I changed the oil and it is still on. I bought the oil pressure switch hoping that that is the problem, but I have not been able to find out where it is so that I can replace it (if anyone knows where it is located that would be great). If that does not fix the problem I am worried that there is much bigger problem. A little over a year ago my head gasket blew, I only drove a couple of miles after it blew and then replaced the head gasket and changed the oil. About 3 or 4 months ago I had it overheat pretty good, turned out to be a faulty radiator cap. I am wondering if anyone has dealt with or has any idea of what is most likely wrong with it. I am worried that it is an oil pump. I am guessing that I will need to put a gauge on it to test the oil pressure, to help determine what is really the cause. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
ctgoode

You can drive it until it dies and tow it to the junkyard. Or, you can pull the motor out and rebuild it or replace it.

You probably damaged your main bearings when your head gasket blew from antifreeze contamination. You could try putting thicker fixed weight oil in to squeeze a few more miles out of it, but the clock is ticking.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz