1994 Ford Taurus, lopes while in gear

Could someone please tell me what could be wrong with my 94 ford taurus, has a 3.8 engine. When in gear it kinda lopes just a bit. Have changed plugs wires, put on new throttle potition sensor, and it still does it. When you get on the gas has a bit of a dead spot. Have put on new fuel filter, and new distribtor. Have no idea what can be wrong with this bout ready to get rid of the darn thing, but I really like the car. Any info would be helpful. Thank you

Reply to
ladywinchester

The engine is running lean. Could be low fuel pressure caused by a bad fuel pump(have pressure checked)or clogged fuel injectors(these can be cleaned) or clogged fuel line(replace). If you use fuel injector cleaner "STOP" this only break the crud in the gas tank into small particle and will clog the fuel injectors.

Reply to
doc

I had the same thing on 1993 SHO, granted it's a different engine, but if you can't find anything else, check the timing belt. The SHO has a hydraulic tensioner and mine was bad. Caused all kinds of lops, hesitation, jackrabbit starts you name it. Just something to look at.

Reply to
KENNETH MCABEE