1994 mercury tracer

the front end rattles when I am driving. when I look under the car I dont see anything loose. the sounds seem to be comming from the front end around the tires. any ideas?

Reply to
Lhessks

You need to be more descriptive.

Rattles when turning? Clicking perhaps? Probably outboard CV joints. Rattles or knocks when starting or stopping? Tighten the inner control arm to body bolts. Rattles when driving straight? Cruising speeds? Around town speeds? Could be bearing caps on the struts, ball joints, or inner/outer tie rod ends.

Not much will "look" loose upon visual inspection. Raise the front end and wobble the tires, side-to-side, in-n-out, up-n-down, see if/how they are loose, listen for rattles.

Reply to
sleepdog