1995 Ford Mustang Brake Parts help

Hey All,

I have a 1995 mustang GT convertible, 5peed with 4 wheel disc brakes. While removing the passenger side rear caliper, the E-Brake cable was in the way. To make a long story short, I removed the E-Brake return spring retaining bolt (Ford # E80Y2A795A) at the caliper and with the springs pressure and my lack of knowledge, patwaaanged that bolt to goodness knows where. I am having a heck of a time finding another one and I guess it's a "limiting" bolt whatever that means. Does anyone know of a good source to get this bolt quickly? Also, any tips to put this bolt back in when I do get one and retension the spring?

TIA,

Derek

Reply to
genius

Check a dealership? You have the OE number so maybe they still use it on newer vehicles, otherwise it could be obsolete and no longer available. Unlikely for a bolt to go obsolete, like an inner door panel or driver seat for a specific model and year.

Or go to fordparts.com, see what you can find.

Reply to
sleepdog

LMAO

I hate it when things patwaaang

Reply to
Vertuas

I can't find that word in my dictionary and yet I have no problem visualizing what happened. I think my English teacher would have called that onomatopaeia? (sp?) LOL there's your word of the day

nate

Vertuas wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Do you have any friends with a 95 mustang with 4 wheel disk brakes?

If not, besides your local dealer, I would try a brake place.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Hey All,

Thanks for the help. I did locate a bolt (actually a limiting bolt) out of Memphis TN. I paid $15 for a single bolt and for the life of me can't get the caliper return spring back on. That ended up costing me two new calipers. Now I am having a heck of a time getting it bled and possibly got air in the ABS controller and have to take it in to get it bled. That turned out to be one expensive patwaaang, but at least I have new calipers in the rear. Thanks to all that replied.

Derek

Reply to
genius

HI there.........do you still have that bolt/ stud you bought before you bought the new calipers?

Reply to
Sam Casabene