1995 ford taurus:loss of spark

while driving,car died suddenly,no power going to coil.Had coil and ign.control module checked at parts store,both tested good.computer had code:211(pip) and code 212 short to ground in spout circuit. Went ahead and replaced distributor,pickup coil,ign.module and installed new computer.Ran good for about two blocks and died,back to same problem.

Reply to
rsd

STILL! cant find problem,this is my only transportation.Any ideas are appreciated!

Reply to
megahertz

"megahertz" wrote

Reply to
MasterBlaster

See the ugly grey sensor mounted near the egr? thats the egr pressure sensor!It's electric! That explains why it shorted out causing the computer to shutdown after a few minutes of operation.Unplugging that bad ugly grey sensor made the bad problem go away!!

Reply to
rsd

"rsd" wrote

Oh, sure. Always blame the ugly ones.

That may be one problem solved, but the Spout *should* be on a different circuit, and may still be faulty. We'll see.

Now you'll get codes saying the EGR pressure sensor is bad. :)

Reply to
MasterBlaster