1998 Mercury Sable -Squeal

I have 83,000 miles on this car. When I turn 90 degrees right and uphill into my driveway I hear a metal to metal squeal maybe like a brake drum dragging. Every once in a while I get slight squeal when I come to a stop. Two brake places have found nothing. I am perplexed.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Jerry

You're going to have to get a helper to stand outside the car and try to localize the sound while you make the turn.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yea, it sure would help to identify which corner it's coming from. I wonder about wheel bearing adjustment. The poster doesn't state that he's applying the brakes as this happens. Maybe it's a suspension part, a strut or a bushing.

Reply to
Al Bundy