1998 Windstar cassette not playing after getting car cleaned...

This is the model with no CD... My wife's two sisters came down to see in St. Louis us over the weekend and are on the way back to Chicago as we speak. They had it cleaned before coming down, and noticed on the trip down here that putting in a cassette now does nothing. Radio continues to play. It seems to me that maybe the car cleaning place may have pushed some buttons to lock the cassette function out... since the manual says that the "1" and "3" button at the same time locks out the rear control functions. Seemed likely that other codes might have something to do with this. they are "going crazy" on the road listening to (scarce) radio when they have this big bag of cassettes that won't play. Motor doesn't engage, and radio continues to play like no cassette was ever inserted. FF and RR won't work - nothing related to cassette. I scaned thru your messages here, but didn't find anything. They have tried ejecting and reinserting cassettes MULTIPLE times.

Any ideas? I told them I'd check here and call them if I find anything.

Reply to
Steve Henderson