2000 Ford E Van dies and starts

I have a 2000 E-350 with the 10cyl engine. Since yesterday it will die while driving-even at freeway speeds for 2 seconds and restart. Everything will stop-engine dies-lights, radio, fan motor, dash lights all die and then everything comes back...sometimes it will just "burp" and keep running and tonight it developed a miss--someone suggested it has a bad battery but I am not so certain...there is no check engine light showing...HELP!!!!

Reply to
radioconsultant

It is not likely a bad battery, MORE likely a problem in the main wiring TO the battery.

You try to find the problem the same way you would a flickering light on an extension cord... turn everything on, engine off, while it's in your driveway and tug and wiggle the cables until it takes the least effort to make it fail.

Dont forget the negative side.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic