2003 Taurus Oil Leak

Our 2003 Taurus has an oil leak. The oil pan bolts drip a bit of oil and it runs down on the exhaust pipe and starter and smells. Any known issues? The oil filter is clean and dry. I don't want the dealer telling me it was from somebody changing the oil because it wasn't.

Reply to
Tom Line

retorque the pan bolts.. or better yet drain the oil and replace the pan gasket....

about a 2 hour and 10 dollar job.. then you will need to refill the oil so mine as well changve the filter too...

while u have the pan off should clean it out too

sure it aint dripping from the drain plug?

Reply to
Mercury

How many miles on the car? Being a 2003, I would think the warranty would cover this.

Reply to
jpk