351W questions referals

The 351W is a small block motor where as the 351C is a big block in a small displacement. As far as the Windor being unreliable I would like to know how since it shares the same block as the highly reliable 302. As far as proof of the 302 being reliable I have my 88 5.0 Stang to offer up. It has

Reply to
FordBlueBlood

The 351C engine is the same length as a 351W, and it has a shorter deck height (351C=9.2, 351W=9.5). A 351W crank can be ground to fit the 351C block. 351C stroker cranks are cut from 351W stroker cranks. 351C heads will bolt on to a 351W block. 351W heads will bolt on to a 351C block, and you can make them work if you want to. You can mod the bolt holes and mate a 351W EFI intake to a 351C with 2V heads. When you need more room for a stroker than your 351C block will allow, you move to the taller 351W or

351W-based FRPP block. If a Windsor is a "smallblock" (a shivvy term), then so is the shorter 351C. Better yet, drop the shitty, er, I mean shivvy terms and use the engine names.

As far as "hoytd" is concerned, he is only here to troll. He's not trying to express an honest opinion or engage in a sincere debate.

Reply to
Whole Lotta Tom

Reply to
Thomas Moats

The most significant difference between the 351W and 351C are the heads. The Cleveland heads are what make this engine - Cleveland 4V heads feature HUGE canted valves (intake head diameter ~2.19", exhaust head diameter ~1.71). A comparable 351W head features ~1.8" intake and ~1.5" exhaust valve head diameters. The Boss 302 and 351C engines contain the same heads.

Differences between 351W and 351C can be found @

Information on the 335 series (M block) engines can be found @
Yet another $.02 worth from a proud owner of a 1970 Mach 1 351C @

Grover C. McCoury III