97 Mustang GT will not start or stop

My initial thought was to replace the iginition switch with that accomplished the same problem still occurs. What happens is I insert the key and turn it all the way to the starting position and nothing happens. I have pressed the clutch in while attempting to start it also the headlights and windshield wipers also work so I know the battery isnt dead. I can push start the car and once it is running it will drive fine but when I go to turn the car off it won't turn off. What am I missing here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks please send an email to mmahon at austin dot rr dot com. Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Mahon

Sharon K.Cooke

Mike Mahon JE U EUFORIJI, UZROKOVANOJ VJEROJATNO VISKOM SECERA U KRVI PROVALIO:

probably a loose wire or smthing like that in the ignition cheers :-)

Reply to
BaaL

Mike Mahon opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

replace the starter power solenoid.

and if you care you can damn well come back here to read it

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic