97 Mustang Wont Start Or Stop

My initial thought was to replace the iginition switch with that accomplished the same problem still occurs. What happens is I insert the key and turn it all the way to the starting position and nothing happens. I have pressed the clutch in while attempting to start it also the headlights and windshield wipers also work so I know the battery isnt dead. I can push start the car and once it is running it will drive fine but when I go to turn the car off it won't turn off. What am I missing here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks please send an email to mmahon at austin dot rr dot com. Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Mahon

Someone hotwire your car lately?

Sounds like ignition switch problems.

So how do you get it shut off? Pop the clutch in 1st with the brake on should do it.

JS

Reply to
JS