98 Sable - Best Remote Starter / Door Lock / Trunk Lid Opener Upper

I want to fix my Sable GS up to have a remote control starter, door lock/unlock, and trunk lid opener. According to one dealership I checked with, my vehicle didn't come with those features. They did some kind of test where they turned the ignition key on and off like 25 times and said if the thing had a remote control system, they doors would lock and unlock. They didn't.

So anyway, I figure the dealerships can install a system that will lock, unlock, and open the trunk, but what about starting the engine from inside the house?

Or would an aftermarket system be better?

I've kind of decided I want to keep the car with original factory equipment as much as possible, only installing extra options that were available for the car as I see fit.

Hmmm... Come to think of it, are there any online brochures available for older cars? That would be nice. I'd be able to see what options were available for the line of Sable I have.

Thanks, Damaeus

Reply to
Damaeus