99 ford expedition

it has been parked for about 8 months. it was running fine before it was parked and now it wont start. it acts like its not getting any gas. (did put gas in it). please help

Reply to
crazytaste

"crazytaste" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Do you hear the fuel pump as you switch ignition on? Should cycle on for two seconds.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

being that i am a woman, im not sure if i hear a fuel pump. i did put my hear on side of truck by the gas tank and all you hear is something that sounds like metal taping metal nothing else

Reply to
crazytaste

"crazytaste" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

it sounds like your dishwasher when you first start it.. but much lower volume.. and no sloshing, just "-m-m-m-m-m-m-".

and only for one or two seconds..

meantime look at you r owners manual and find the part about the inertia or collision disable switch.

It may have been bumped. Should be in a rear panel of the vehicle

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

i will look for that, i did look in the book i did read something about a fuel cut off switch, i found that and it was okay. i did not know about the other button. im crossing my fingers

Reply to
crazytaste