ABS light on

We have a 2000 Ford Explorer with 109,000 miles. Looks and runs like new. THe ABS light has been on for a while now so we decided to change out the brakes, front and rear. But the light is still on. We are looking for a relay switch or something to reset the light but are unable to find one. Anyone out there know where one is or how to make it go off?

Reply to
HotPWC

How about a rear diff sensor, if you are going to throw parts at it I would start with the most obvious.

And no, brake pads never fix a abs light, even if it would, you still have to erase the code with a scantool

Johan

Reply to
johanb

yes but it needed brakes/do you know were the EcU is so i can get the codes out of it..

johanb wrote:

Reply to
HotPWC

You do not need a scan tool to turn out the light on a Ford. The light will go off on its own if you fix the problem.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White