97 Taurus radio/climate control question

I have a 97 Taurus with a tape deck that died today (Tape deck has cd changer controls and manual climate control, in the stupid oval all-in-one design). I was planning on just picking one up off ebay, the one that is closest to me is from a 97 also, but has the electronic climate controls, not the standard knobs. Is this plug and play by any chance? (IE, is all the electronics to control the climate automatically contained within the unit, so i just have to change the vacuum lines, etc)? I'd like to have the electronic climate control if I could, but it's not a huge issue either way

Thanks!

Reply to
Teknical

If its like the other oval pods i have seen, the climate control is a separate assembly bolted to the pod. The actual radio is in the trunk. The pod is just a control surface for the radio. If you were ambitious, you could just swap the tape mech out. I think i got one brand new one laying around. Around $50 or so. It does take a small metric torx to do it as i recall.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz