Advice on Fiesta 1.3 (1994) spark plugs, pls!

Hi All,

I'm looking for an alternative to the spark plugs that the Ford garage normally mounts on my Fiesta 1.3, bought in 1994.

I'm specially interested in something slightly hotter than the recommend spark plug - I do a lot of short journeys.

So far, I've able to find on the net the following alternatives to the Motorcraft "original" part:

1) NGK BPR6EF or BPR6EFS (can anyone tell the diference between these 2?) What does the S stand for?). Supposed to provide the same temperature level as original.

2) Bosch Super 4 FR 78 - supposed to provide a slightly higher temperature level

I've tried to find a BPR5EF(S), but apparently that is not manufactured :-(

Any comments, or alternative suggestions, please?

TIA, Jose B. Ruivo

Reply to
Jose B. Ruivo

From the NGK catalogue.. ( Not sure if its online anywhere) B= 14mm thread P= Projected Insulator type R= Resistor type

6= Heat rating (Scale of 2=Hot to 14=Cold) E= Thread Reach = 19mm F= Tapered Seat S= Super Copper Core

The following page would suggest that such a plug is available 'down under' at least.

RustY ©

Thank you very much for the explanation Rusty!

"Down Under", however, is a bit too far - i.e. expensive - for me: I'm in Portugal . . .

Regards,

Jose B. Ruivo

Reply to
Jose B. Ruivo