1996 Ford Mondeo 2.5 V6 - Losing power...

Hi all...

I hope someone can help with this little "issue"....

I have a 1996 Mondeo 2.5 V6 which is suffering from power loss when the engine is at normal running temp...

When accelerating in any gear and the revs approach 4000rpm, the car just loses power and is really noisy from the air filter area...

I have removed the "cats" and this does not affect the problem either for better or worse...

When the engine is cold, i.e. just setting out, the problem does not occur, only when the engine is warm does the problem show up....

The car has been serviced to schedule and has 107,000-ish miles showing...

Any help or advice would be most appreciated....

Replies to NG or my email (remove SPAMNOT to reply)

Cheers.

Kevin

Reply to
kevin

go to

its a web page for contour groups... a lot of good advice on that board and alot of questions and someone will give you an answer.. i think the contour and the mondeo is the european version??? think so??? give them a try...

Reply to
jim

Did you recently disconnect the battery? If you did, try checking the 'O' rings in the intake manifold. Spray some carb cleaner on it while it is running. If the RPM's pick up you need to change them. The micro processor adjust to the leaks over time but when the battery is disconnected it returns to the base settings and the engine loses power.

mike hunt

jim wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2