Calling all Ford Taurus experts.

Need help diagnosing a misfire on a 2001 Taurus with Duratec DOHC. I've replaced the plugs and wires. No check engine light. Cars starts fine and is driveable. Gas mileage unaffected. I will tether to a OBDII scanner this afternoon to see if it's publishing any codes.

Also, any remedy to cancel the auto-warping front brake disks? I've never owned a car that would warp rotors like this. After market rotors did not solve the problem.

Are the sedan and wagon sway bars the same diameter?

Can I retrofit my sedan with wagon rear disk brakes?

Reply to
david.johnson1.0

Calling all Ford Taurus experts. Group: alt.autos.ford Date: Tue, Jan 2, 2007, 11:15am (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Need help diagnosing a misfire on a 2001 Taurus with Duratec DOHC. I've replaced the plugs and wires. No check engine light. Cars starts fine and is driveable. Gas mileage unaffected. I will tether to a OBDII scanner this afternoon to see if it's publishing any codes.

Also, any remedy to cancel the auto-warping front brake disks? I've never owned a car that would warp rotors like this. After market rotors did not solve the problem.

Reply to
Eric Toline

Running well, no CEL, economy good, I don't see a problem yet.

Ford rotors, adjust/modify brake bias more to rear. If ABS on board, there is a mod to drill out the proportioning valve for better rear bias.

Front yes, rear, maybe. SHO bars will fit front & rear of any sedan.

Yes. It's quite straight forward.

Check here for all you could possibly want to know:

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Reply to