"Check Engine Light" on, but no DTC.

It's on my 1999 Ford Windstar. I just cleared the codes (I think they are P13171 and P13174), but "Check Engine Light" won't go away as previous occassions. It runs fine.

Has any one encountered this problem?

Alex.

Reply to
Alex

Do you mean p0171 and p0174 ?

Means you probably have a vacuum leak at the upper intake manifold You can get updated gaskets and bolts for that. there is also a PCM update that takes care of little leaks from the lower intake runners

good luck

Johan

Reply to
johanb

Thanks, Johan,

You are right. DTC's are P0171 and P0174. Thanks for the hints.

Yesterday, I checked DTC's again and same codes plus P0741 showed up. This time, light was gone when I cleared the codes. Don't know why it didn't work last time.

From DTC descriptions, it seems P0741 is much more serious. Any suggestion on course of action?

Alex.

Reply to
Alex