Color Code for Ignition Switch

I am looking for the color code for a 1979 chev. Impala 305cu.

The switch has never worked correctly. You can use any key to start it and just for the hell of it I am going to put in a floor switch like the old jeep I use to use, but would like the color code just to make it easier to do.

Thanks ChrisW

Reply to
ChrisW

ChrisW

"ChrisW" wrote

Don't have an Impala manual. How about a Monte, Camaro, and Buick of the same years?

(All the reds are common) Off = all connections open Accessory = red + brown connected Run = pink + red + brown + orange connected Start = dark green and tan/white grounded (brake & temp dash lights) pink + red + purple(auto) or yellow(manual) connected

Now, go away. This is FORD group, gosh darnit! Don't make me come over there and smack you! :)

Reply to
MasterBlaster

Thank you. They should be about the same.

ChrisW

MasterBlaster wrote:

Reply to
ChrisW