Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I voted NDP. :)

Reply to
Cosmopolite

then I'm not talkin' to you! ;)

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Ah guys, I give them one year. I'd go into it but it's way too late tonite. In the last 50 years, 14 months(?) of PMs NOT from Quebec? It'll be short lived.

Brad

Reply to
BradandBrooks

The NDP didn't even win as many seats as the Bloc Quebequois.... hardly a shining jewel, yes?

FWIW, both the Bloc and the NDP are nothing better than vote spoilers (the provinvial NDP government in BC couldn't even rig bingo games without screwing the pooch). At a time when Canada needs a solid majority government, we have a minority that can be toppled at any given event with a simple non-confidence motion. While ones heart may be with one of these splinter groups, we may need to vote with the greater need in mind.

FWIW, we have had a Conservative government in Alberta for many years.... our medical system is about second to none, we have travelled from deficeit spending to having budget surpluses (this year, every man woman and child living in the province will receive a $400 cheque), Alberta is debt free.... Alberta has no sales tax aside from the federal Gouge and Screw Tax....

Then again, looking at your posting history, I can only wonder two things.... why are you looking at an automotive group and why did they let you out long enough to vote????

"Cosm>

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well, what Harper needs to do, then, is actually WIN confidence.

Hopefully the atmosphere is not quite as shrilly polarized in Canada as it is below border. I'd think that some in BQ seats would align with Conservatives on specifics.. esp those who were threatened with close races. And that should apply to several Libs, as well.

Some are saying here that the Canada vote is a warning for Republicans. Not being an expert on Maple Leaf pol/idiots, my view is that the situation is a little different.

Citizens sort of expect politicians to be on the take... producing results for bribes, then covering it up by killing access to the courts and documents is a little much, though.

"Jim Warman" wrote:

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Recently aquired an Aerostar.

and why did they let

That right is protected by law. :)

Reply to
Cosmopolite

That's my big worry... we have a minority government that needs to do some tough stuff... I think Joe Clark is a major weiner but his minority Conservative government came out with a "tough love" budget that would have started us getting back on track..... It didn't take long for the vultures to call a non-confidence motion and leave us with a bunch more years of having a Liberal dick up our rings.

After some of the insider crap that has hit the news in the last year, I am totally amazed that the Liberals picked up as many seats as they did. IMHO, NDP is a waste of time... even though Tommy Douglas was the big spearhead for medicare, this party seems to think that the only way to save the farm is to sell it.... Bolc Quebequois is a waste of skin. How they can allow a party that has only the interests of one province at heart into a federal election is beyond me. Interstingly, all of Canada MUST be subject to bilingualism... except Quebec. They are allowed to ban signs in English.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Well... recently acquired an Aerostar speaks volumes on it's own...... Just because you're old enough to vote doesn't necessarily mean you should.

I have seen this country go from having a state of the art supersonic fighter/bomber only to chop it up for salvage..... I have seen this country go from a dollar worth a buck seven US to a country where Canadian Tire Bucks are starting to look good.... I have seen this country change it's national flag to try and appease a handful of frogs....

One thing, at least... if you live in Alberta, your NDP vote didn't mean too much.

Reply to
Jim Warman