Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM) '98 Escort - NG?

I have no a/c compressor clutch engagement. I tapped the CCRM and the a/c came (cold as ice) on for about 8 minutes and then died. The next day the same thing.

Now when I tap the CCRM the a/c won't come on at all, even after several hard taps. I removed and replaces the connector to the CCRM and cleaned the contacts with tuner cleaner. Still not go.

Do I need a new CCRM? It is $194 from Ford and I want to be sure that this is the part that is causing the trouble.

I was told that this part is a weak spot in the a/c system, but want to be sure before I change it and I was wrong.

Thanks!

Reply to
Barb

i replaced my Constant control relay module on a 93 tauurs and i tried auto zone and other local stores and could not find it.. i then went to NAPA, national auto parts association.. they have local stores at just about any big city.... the list price on the part on their web site was about $79.00 and i got it for $50... the dealer would have wanted over $150 or more.....

i got the box for the napa part and on the box was AR761 for the part number on my 93 taurus...... you might get a different part.. the web site showed it as an ignition relay??? dont know why but alot of business use their own name for these things... but if you take the part number from the relay( or remove the relay.... car wont start as it also controls the fuel pump) and bring it to the napa parts counter like i did the guy had one on the shelf.. it even suprises him that he had one on the shelf.... put it in an no more problems... with me it was the fuel pump not working... this relay controls the a/c, fans, fuel pump and i think someother things.. i was gonna take mine apart and see why the internal relay did not work... but there is too much electronic stuff in there like resistors, capacitors, and other stuff that looked like resistors.....

Reply to
dbird

Reply to
Rusto